Join Our Team - Studio Manager (Maternity Cover)
WE ARE HIRING!
Studio Manager (Maternity Cover)
Contract: Fixed-term maternity cover, estimated to last up to 13 months starting 1st Dec 2023 or ASAP
Salary: £26,000 – £34,000 per annum (FTE), depending on experience
Hours of Work: Full-time (37.5 hours per week, 9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday inclusive)
Place of Work: Company office (studio based) – 20 Hill Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3JZ, UK
**To download the full job description and person specification, please click here**
About the Role:
Award-winning visitor destination designers Studio MB are looking for a Studio Manager (Maternity Cover) to join our team in Edinburgh. The position will be full-time on a fixed-term basis to cover the maternity leave of the permanent post holder and is estimated to last up to 13 months, starting 1st December 2023 or as soon as possible, to enable a handover.
Studio MB’s Studio Manager plays a key role in the organisation. Not only is the Studio Manager the first point of contact for a host of individuals and businesses seeking to engage with the company, but they are a constant in the day-to-day operation of the studio with a significant influence on the feel and energy within the business. The Studio Manager is required to:
- Support the functioning of the studio across the breadth of its physical and human performance, managing the day-to-day needs of the team and the ongoing demands of the studio environment.
- Act as a touchpoint for the team and champion people’s wellbeing and development.
- Provide ad hoc studio-wide support as required.
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as first point of contact - answer calls and main door, greet and welcome visitors, maintain company email.
- Manage travel, accommodation and visas, staff events and celebrations, hospitality, catering and refreshments.
- Manage and maintain various company files, databases, records, documents and other office systems.
- Assist with diary/calendar management, room bookings, setting up meetings and equipment.
- Manage post and deliveries, supplies and consumables.
- Undertake ad hoc research, minute-taking, drafting documents, proof reading and editing for the team.
- Assist with preparation and submission of new business and award applications, pitches and presentation documents.
- Assist with updating company website and social media content as required.
- Assist with other studio tasks, support requests and projects from time to time as required.
People and HR:
- Manage and support all HR processes and procedures including recruitment and induction, contracts and variations, reviews, internships/placements, and leavers, with support from external HR consultants.
- Manage and maintain accurate personnel records, including leave and absence records.
- Periodically update and develop policies, procedures and handbooks and help to ensure these are adhered to.
- Identify and arrange training and development for staff team as required.
- Perform a supportive role to the team, answering queries and assisting with issues as they arise.
Operations and Property:
- Ensure the studio always looks and functions to a standard commensurate with the aims of the company, ensuring all areas are kept clean, tidy, stocked and operational.
- Manage suppliers, contractors and service providers, including IT, cleaners, waste and recycling, utilities, etc.
- Report, troubleshoot and resolve issues when they arise and arrange maintenance, repairs and replacements as required.
- Manage all company hardware and software requirements, including procurement, set ups and allocation, updates and upgrades, repairs and replacements, with support from external IT consultants.
- Report, troubleshoot and resolve IT issues as they arise, with support from external IT consultants.
- Manage and maintain accurate IT inventory and records, guidance documents, processes and procedures.
- Monitor and support server/data back-ups, storage and archiving.
Health and Safety:
- Periodically review and update health and safety procedures, risk assessments and policies.
- Act as First Aider, Fire Warden and Health & Safety Coordinator as appropriate.
- Competent in all aspects of administration and operations, with prior studio/office management experience.
- Thoughtful, self-starter with positive attitude, strong levels of motivation and capacity to work independently and with initiative.
- Excellent organisation, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with capacity to engage confidently with a host of different people and organisations.
- Effective team worker with the ability to build and support relationships across the studio.
- Strong technical skills and experience working with a range of admin/management related software (incl. MS Office).
- Capable at solving problems and dealing with challenges. Resourceful and adaptable when issues arise.
- Willingness to work collaboratively and flexibly in support of the company and be comfortable with routinely shifting demands and priorities.
- Ability to work methodically and accurately with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Ability to work with discretion and confidentiality.
- Prior studio/office management experience within a design-related studio or relevant creative industry.
- Working knowledge of HR admin, processes and procedures, GDPR and data protection.
- Working knowledge of Apple Macs and design related software (incl. Adobe Creative Cloud, etc).
How to Apply:
Please send us your CV and a cover letter telling us why you think you would be a great fit for the role. The letter should include your present notice period and salary.
Please send your application to email@example.com for the attention of Beth Harvey (Studio Manager), stating your name and the position you are applying for. Applications directed to any other email address will not be considered. Your application must reach us by the closing date. Please note that due to the volume of response only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The closing date for applications is Friday 17th November 2023, by 5pm.
All candidates must have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
If you have any questions or you require any further information, please contact us on 0131 555 9355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.You can also find us here: www.studiomb.co.uk and on Facebook, X and Instagram: @StudioMBdesign