Join Our Team - Bid Manager/Marcomms
WE ARE HIRING!
Salary: £28,000-34,000 per annum, depending on experience
Hours of Work: Full-time (37.5 hours per week, 9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday inclusive)
Place of Work: Company office (studio based) – 20 Hill Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3JZ, UK
Reporting To: Founding Creative Directors
**To download the full job description and person specification, please click here**
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented and experienced Bid Manager with a strong background in marketing/communications and social media, to join our expanding team at award-winning visitor destination designers Studio MB. In this role, you will be instrumental in creating compelling bid proposals whilst also leveraging social media platforms to enhance our online presence. We are also looking for you to help promote our business of creating inspiring, involving and informing environments for galleries and exhibitions within museums, brand homes, science centres and heritage attractions.
Studio MB is located in Edinburgh. Due to the collaborative nature of our work, your presence working in the studio is essential.
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Bid Writing: Crafting persuasive and articulate bid proposals that effectively communicate our unique value proposition.
- Bid Management: Co-ordinating and managing full end-to-end bids cycle, including planning resource, producing templates, formatting/editing/proof reading text. Collating all information and completing ITTs, PQQs, RFIs and other submission requests and producing high quality bids/proposals in a timely manner. Developing and maintaining a bid content library including internal database for tender, interview & pre-qualification documentation.
- Collaboration: Working closely with internal teams, including Directors, Project Managers and Designers, to gather relevant information for bid submissions.
- Social Media Management/Content Creation: Managing and optimising social media accounts, monitoring engagement, and implementing strategies to increase visibility. Developing engaging content for various social media platforms, aligning with our brand voice and marketing objectives.
- Brand Consistency: Ensuring consistency in messaging across bid documents and social media channels, reinforcing our brand identity.
- Research and Analysis: Conducting market research to stay abreast of industry trends and competitor activities, incorporating findings into bid responses.
- Awards & Exhibitions: Managing all award entry submissions and exhibition stand attendance.
- Proven experience as a Bid Manager in the creative industry.
- Demonstrable experience in managing social media accounts for business.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - visual, written and verbal.
- Able to work with rigorous attention to detail, consistency, and accuracy.
- Strong IT skills proficient in Microsoft suite of programmes (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with tender portals, design tools and social media management platforms.
- At least 5 years’ relevant marketing experience in a design / creative environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of the larger design team.
- Proficient experience using Adobe InDesign software.
- A business administration or marketing/communications qualification
- Knowledge of design terminology and processes
- Full clean UK Driving Licence.
Studio MB are multi-disciplinary designers, content developers, interpretive strategists, researchers, master planners and project managers. But when it comes to creating narrative environments for museums, brand homes, science centres and heritage attractions, it is our ability to tell imaginative and emotive stories that defines our approach and makes our visitor experiences so special - experiences that inspire, involve, and inform.
We take our professional reputation and project responsibilities very seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We like to think this makes working with us, and indeed working for us, stimulating, fulfilling, rewarding and fun.
Everyone at Studio MB is passionate about what we do. Over the past 20 years we have had the great privilege of completing a vast array of award-winning projects throughout the UK and overseas. That said, our team never rest on the many laurels won, but have the hunger and ambition to constantly improve, ready and determined to make the next project even better than the last.
It's been an awesome story so far. However, we continue to grow and are now looking for a number of talented and motivated people to join us and help write our next chapters. We look forward to viewing your application.
How to Apply:
Please send us your:
- Cover letter telling us why you think you would be a great fit for the role. The letter should include your present notice period and salary.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Emma Sanders (Studio Manager), stating your name and the position you are applying for. Applications directed to any other email address will not be considered. Your application must reach us by the closing date. Please note that due to the volume of response only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to provide individual feedback.
All candidates must have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
The closing date for applications is Friday 1st March 2024, at 5.00pm
If you have any questions or you require any further information, please contact us on 0131 555 9355 or email@example.com.
You can also find more about us here: www.studiomb.co.uk and on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @StudioMBdesign